Our client is a leading internet company that brings together online communities via connecting people who share interests and passion.
Based in New York, the Vice President of Operations oversees global operational teams and activities. The client is an internet company that is comprised of numerous fast-paced operational teams that work to make its platform the number one place people who share similar interests and passions connect online.
You will be a versatile, experienced and passionate professional to join and further drive operational efficiency across its unique company set up with offices in both New York (USA) and Shanghai (China) as the company rapidly scales the organization and its user base.
You are expected to:
- Oversee global operational teams including Trust & Safety, Support, Content Operations, and New York focused People and Company Operations teams
- Work closely with the CEO and other company leadership to create and execute plans for operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to scale and position the company for continued rapid growth
- Lead analytical deep-dives to explain business performance, identify issues and uncover levers for improvement
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
- Work with our team in Shanghai to help operationalize initiatives across both offices (New York & Shanghai)
- Has 4-6 years’ work experience at a fast-growing high-paced tech startup in China in an operational capacity
- Has 3+ years work experience in an US company and/or attend college in the US
- Is obsessed with using data to streamline operations and is results driven
- Has outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Has excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Has direct experience managing and recruiting Director level employees and above
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English
As part of the role, there will be frequent trips to China and frequent communications in the early mornings and evening with Shanghai office.
If you are or know anyone interested, do reach out to William.email@example.com or at +86 21 3103 2339 for a confidential discussion.