Job description of
Regional Sales Manager, Eastern China
- Our client is the world's leading manufacturer of equipment for materials testing.
- The company has affiliates in 24 countries, qualified service personnel, experienced metallographers and a worldwide network of dealers.
- Our client is looking for Regional Sales Manager to lead, manage and develop sales and sales strategies in some area China.
- The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of the sales organization for his or her territory as well as directly manage key or strategic accounts.
- The position will ensure that the highest performance standards are developed, implemented and maintained through active use of Global CRM system and sales processes based on Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling strategies.
- The position will be based in Shanghai office and will report directly to the National Sales Manager.
- Day-to-day management of 4+ sales engineers and his/her own sales territory
- Participate in the continued development and implementation of Business Plan and strategic direction for the company with specific focus on sales.
- Actively lead and direct the implementation of business strategy with sales team
- Initiate and manage in close corporation with Marketing various sales and marketing activities to further penetrate the market to obtain additional growth and market share
- Sales Project Management, forecasting and reporting
- Implementation and active use of CRM system
- Develop and implement Key Account Strategy for existing and new accounts
- Develop and maintain direct relationships with selected key accounts
- Focus on customer retention, lead generation, market development and growth opportunities
- Recruit, select and develop sales team members
- Manage daily sales operations, functions and performance including support of sales team in the field
- Bachelor’s degree in material science, engineering or a science required along with 7+ years of related work experience
- 3+ years people and sales management experience. However, high potential sales engineers “stepping up” into this level may be considered
- Experience working for a MNC company or with imported/foreign instrumentation
- Background or experience with materials testing / materials science is an advantage
- Familiar with consultative, value-added solution selling and able to demonstrate high-level influencing skills over decision makers in industrial end-users
- Strong track record in new business development – demonstrable capability of turning identified new business opportunities into sales revenue in a timely manner in a highly competitive sector
- Experience with active use of CRM systems is an advantage
- An excellent, people-focused leader who knows how to motivate and develop the team
- Task and goal oriented
- Outgoing, open minded, self-driven
- Good command of written and spoken English