Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Report to: MD, Finance APAC
Our client is a famous International Freight Forwarding Agency Service company.
- Oversee the financial reporting and accounting functions for business units in China
- Responsible for overseeing the Company’s process around projection, collection and analysis
- Ensure respective responsible country is in compliance with Company’s internal control, policies and procedures
- Select, train, develop, motivate direct reports and monitor performance, and develop a succession plan in order to achieve functional and departmental objectives within People-Service-Profit guidelines.
- Serve as primary Finance point of contact for regional and corporate finance team for various finance, accounting and reporting issues
- Serve as primary Finance contact for local bankers, regional and corporate treasury team for various cash management and treasury issues.
- Coordinate the monthly close process
- Work with team to identify and implement forecasting and reporting process improvements
- Seek continual process improvement including benchmarking with best in class organizations
- Serve as primary Finance point of contact for respective country/stations heads and support adhoc needs
- Collaborate with business partners for margin forecasting and reporting
- Work with team to develop and maintain KPI dashboards and regular reviews with business partners
- Leads the finance managers, accountants and analysts to analyze potential profitability of new development
- Trouble-shoot if necessary, in order to ensure corrective measures are determined and applied to achieve 100% legal compliance and support management decisions.
- Develop standard operating procedures; initiate processes according to business needs and with Sarbanes-Oxley Acts (SOX) requirements; and monitor compliance
- Communicate with various functions at station and country level to develop enhancement plans in order to meet business needs and respond to internal customer requests.
- Develop user requirements or systems tools according to the need of the business and internal customers; implement systems according to project specifications and timeliness in order to ensure accurate and timely reporting and continuously drive initiatives for finance function
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Work closely with Corporate financial reporting team to ensure financial reports prepare according to the US GAAP
- Review financial reports to ensure compliance of local GAAP for local statutory filing and tax purposes
- Review and submit tax returns in compliance with local tax regulations
- Prepare and submit annual budget to senior management; control, monitor and report results on a monthly basis in order to achieve budget targets.
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or business or equivalent
- CPA license and MBA degree preferred
Experience & knowledge:
- At least ten (10) years of accounting experience with at least five (5) years in management position and preferable in multinational corporations.
- Experience and knowledge of international freight forwarding industry preferred
- Travel may be required.
- Knowledge of accounting requirement in China & US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced skills in Excel, Access and Windows
- Fluency in English verbal and written
- Excellent communication, negotiation and human relation skill
- Business acumen
- Strong mindset of innovation and continuous improvement
- Hands on mentality and self-starter
Qualified and interested Parties please apply with your CV and latest salary in Word format to email@example.com.
Please note, that while Morgan Philips welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.
Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or business or equivalent
CPA license and MBA degree preferred
Experience & knowledge:
At least ten (10) years of accounting experience with at least five (5) years in management position and preferable in multinational corporations.
Experience and knowledge of international freight forwarding industry preferred
Travel may be required.